A wonderful pair of colourful zodiac reprints, depicting star charts of the North and South pole - originally engraved in the 1600s. Historically, the position of stars in the sky were mapped via the naked eye as celestial charts - combining both science and mythology on paper. The original engravings of these prints are extremely rare and were created by a notable French map-maker of the 17th Century. These prints have been framed in decorative teak mouldings to accentuate their antiquity. They are available to purchase as a pair or singles.
Please note, these are reproduction prints, not the originals. All our reproductions originate from antiques carefully sourced by Petri Prints and are limited in number.
- External frame size: 21 x 25.5 cm
- Hand-framed by specialist British framers.
- Ready to hang.
- Framed in decorative teak mouldings.
Conservation, acid-free mounting board - to provide protection to your artwork.
- Printed on heavy weight, museum grade fine art paper (310gsm). This has a matt, smooth finish that allows for brilliant contrast, colour and crisp detail.
- Glazed with premium anti-reflective Artglass that's used for framing by the finest galleries and museums around the world.