The Animals (with colourful mounts & linen)
A beautiful series of six, black and white animal reprints directly based on 18th century copper-plate engravings published at the end of the 1700s. Each animal is framed in a coloured mount with an inner linen accent and gold leaf moulding. These prints are available as a set of 6 or singles. You can choose from the flamingo, camel, tiger, lion, elephant, and giraffe - and the mount colours within the set are sandstone, toffee, burgundy, mid green, cobalt blue and mustard.
The word camelopard (on the giraffe print) - is the traditional historical English expression for giraffe. Derived from Greek, it was used to describe the animal as possessing a camel's body but wearing a leopard's coat.
All our reproduction collections are limited in number and originate from antiques specially sourced by Petri Prints.
- Reprints, hand framed by specialist British framers.
- External frame size: 23.5 x 29.5cm
- Printed on specialist 290 gsm fine art paper Hahnemühle Hemp. Hemp was an essential part of paper production for centuries and was used in the making of many long-lasting historical documents.
- Glazed with specialist Artglass for UV protection and clearer viewing - that's used by the finest galleries and museums around the world.
- Conservation acid-free barrier board to provide protection to your artwork.