A reprint of two colourful marine fish - a red and green wrasse - hand framed in a dusky blue mount and delicate speckled blue moulding. This print is directly based on an engraving from the 1700s by one of the most influential ichthyologists of our time, Marcus Bloch. Bloch was a doctor who devoted his later years studying fish - and managed to describe over 200 species in his works.
All our reproduction collections are limited in number and originate from antiques specially sourced by Petri Prints.
- Reprint, hand framed by specialist British framers.
- External frame size: 29 x 34cm.
- Printed on specialist 290 gsm fine art paper Hahnemühle Hemp. Hemp was an essential part of paper production for centuries and was used in the making of many long-lasting historical documents.
- Glazed with specialist Artglass for UV protection and clearer viewing - that's used by the finest galleries and museums around the world.
- Conservation acid-free barrier board to provide protection to your artwork.