A set of tropical botanical plants - including shrubs, a palm tree and orchid - directly based on an series of lithographs from the hugely popular 1800s periodical "L'illustration Horticole". This monthly publication was founded by a Belgian botanist to sell his tropical discoveries to the public via his associated nurseries. The 19th century series was known for its beautiful and colourful illustrations by notable lithographers.
Hand framed in bottle green linen accent mounts and glossy teak mouldings. Glazed with Artglass.
Available as a full set of 6 and singles (please scroll down the drop-down list and ‘select’ a name, to be shown each plant's corresponding photo).
All our reproduction collections are limited in number and originate from antiques specially sourced by Petri Prints.
- Reprints, hand framed by specialist British framers.
- External frame size: 28.5 x 37.3cm.
- Printed on specialist 290 gsm fine art paper Hahnemühle Hemp. Hemp was an essential part of paper production for centuries and was used in the making of many long-lasting historical documents.
- Glazed with specialist Artglass for UV protection and clearer viewing - that's used by the finest galleries and museums around the world.
- Conservation acid-free barrier board to provide protection to your artwork.