A series of nine, black and white animal reprints based on 18th century copper-plate engravings published at the end of the 1700s. Each animal is framed in toffee ink double accent mounts and delicate light-teak mouldings. These prints are available as a set of 9, 6 or smaller multiples. You can choose from the flamingo, camel, tiger, lion, bear, elephant, rhino, giraffe and ostrich.
The word camelopard (on the giraffe print) - is the traditional historical English expression for giraffe. Derived from Greek, it was used to describe the animal as possessing a camel's body but wearing a leopard's coat.
All our reproduction collections are made-to-order, limited in number and originate from antiques specially sourced by Petri Prints.
Purchasing pairs or sets of 6
- If you wish to purchase a pair for £190, simply add 2 prints to your shopping basket and use this code at the checkout: ANIMALPAIR.
- If you wish to purchase a set of 6 for £485, simply add 6 prints to your shopping basket and use this code at the checkout: 6ANIMALS.
- External frame size: 24.5cm x 30.5cm
- Hand-framed by specialist British framers.
- Ready to hang.
Conservation, acid-free mounting board - to provide protection to your artwork.
Printed on a specialist, 100% cotton, heavy weight (310gsm) museum grade fine art paper with a matt, smooth finish that allows for brilliant contrast, colour and crisp detail.
- Glazed with premium anti-reflective Artglass that's used by the finest galleries and museums around the world.
- Our reprints are made-to-order and normally dispatched in 2-3 weeks. Christmas last orders 30th Nov (UK) for outside UK please contact before ordering to check timelines