The Golfer is our latest sporting reprint depicting a lady playing golf on a green. She is described as wearing a pleated khaki outfit, a felt hat and canvas spats (a footwear accessory historically used to protect shoes from the mud and rain). This print is directly based on a rare lithograph we recently acquired that is over 100 years old and originally published in a sought-after Parisian subscription which only had a small circulation for exclusive clientele.
Hand framed with Artglass in a pistachio green linen accent and mount and a dusky pink frame (to match the pink roof on the little house in the distance...perhaps the clubhouse).
All our reproduction collections are limited in number and originate from antiques specially sourced by Petri Prints.
- Reprint, hand framed by specialist British framers.
- External frame size: 25x31.5cm.
- Printed on specialist 290 gsm fine art paper Hahnemühle Hemp. Hemp was an essential part of paper production for centuries and was used in the making of many long-lasting historical documents.
- Glazed with specialist Artglass for UV protection and clearer viewing. Used by the finest galleries and museums around the world.
- Conservation acid-free barrier board to provide protection to your artwork.