A bold and beautiful set of botanical strawberries based on original engravings from the 1800s. This series includes a variety of strawberry species and shapes adding depth and interest to the collection when hung together. Each strawberry includes text highlighting their species name (the letter 'F.' denotes Fragaria, the genus name for strawberries).
Hand framed in a deep red tonal style to elevate the intricate illustrations which have been kept characterfully true to size. Red textured frames are paired with matching red mounts - along with a linen accent border for softness. This set is glazed with Artglass and is available as a full set of 6, or smaller multiples.
The first garden strawberry was grown in Brittany, France, during the late 18th century. Today, only one of the many Victorian strawberry varieties still survives. Illustrations such as these are therefore an important historical snapshot, documenting part of the this popular fruit's botanical journey.
All our reproduction collections are limited in number and originate from antiques specially sourced by Petri Prints.
- Reprints, hand framed by specialist British framers.
- External frame size: 24 x 24cm.
- Printed on specialist 290 gsm fine art paper Hahnemühle Hemp. Hemp was an essential part of paper production for centuries and was used in the making of many long-lasting historical documents.
- Glazed with specialist Artglass for UV protection and clearer viewing - that's used by the finest galleries and museums around the world.
- Conservation acid-free barrier board to provide protection to your artwork.