The Roman Gods and Goddesses
A unique series of Roman gods and goddesses directly based on original 19th century lithographs. Each print has been characterfully kept miniature in size as per the original antiques. The mounts have been designed to have a weighted base which has a pleasing balance to the eye.
This collection is hand framed in three different coloured mounts: Dusky Azure Blue (similar to Little Greene's Air Force Blue), Golden Brown and Wheat Linen. The frames are gold-leaf bobbin mouldings. The collection is available as a full set of 8, a curated set of 6 and smaller multiples via mixing singles.
Gods and goddesses in the set include:
- Apollo: God of sun and light (but also healing, prophecy, music and archery).
- Venus: Goddess of love.
- Neptune: God of freshwater and sea.
- Ceres: Goddess of agriculture and maternal love.
- Mercury: God of commerce, communication and travel.
- Vulcan: God of fire, metalworking and craftsmanship.
- Jupiter: God of sky, including thunder and lightening.
- Minerva: Goddess of wisdom, crafts and the arts.
All our reproduction collections are limited in number and originate from antiques specially sourced by Petri Prints.
- Hand framed in England.
- External frame size: approx 25.5cm x 31.5cm
- Printed on specialist 290 gsm fine art paper Hahnemühle Hemp. Hemp was an essential part of paper production for centuries and was used in the making of many long-lasting historical documents.
- Glazed with specialist Artglass for UV protection and clearer viewing - that's used by the finest galleries and museums around the world.
- Conservation acid-free barrier board to provide protection to your artwork.