A rich and characterful collection depicting a set of crested birds. Hand framed in linen and dusky pink accent mounts - alongside smart forest green mouldings. A wonderful way to add texture, pattern and colour to a room.
This whimsical set is directly based on a sought-after series of hand coloured bird engravings from the 1700s (the originals of which were sourced for our own archive). We thought it would be particularly fun to compile the set with birds complete with crested feathers on their heads.
To make the set even more unique, each bird is surrounded by a playful decorative patterned border based on original 18th century playing cards (which we sourced and added separately to the artwork). The mounting includes a soft linen main mount with a dark dusky pink accent border and the frame is a forest green colour with a textured surface.
- If you wish to purchase a pair for £250, simply add 2 prints to your shopping basket and use this code at the checkout: TWOCRESTS
- For a set of four, you can either buy our curated set of four which is already priced at £490 and can be added to your basket in a click (see set of four photo). Or, you can build your own set for £490: simply add 4 prints to your shopping basket and use this code at the checkout: FOURCRESTS.
All our reprint collections are limited in number and originate directly from antiques personally sourced by Petri Prints.
- Reprint, hand framed in England using conservation materials.
- External frame size: approx. 34.5 x 28.7 cm.
- Printed on specialist 290 gsm fine art paper Hahnemühle Hemp. Hemp was an essential part of paper production for centuries and was used in the making of many long-lasting historical documents.
- Glazed with specialist Artglass for UV protection and clearer viewing, used by the finest galleries and museums around the world.
- Conservation acid-free barrier board to provide protection to your artwork.