A vibrant set of fish reprints - including mackerel, lemon sole, hake, plaice, salmon and turbot - directly based on a 19th century study of fish from the British Islands which are in our personal collection. The works these fish originated from are is still considered today to be one of the most influential in the field of ichthyology.
The set is hand framed using conservation materials and Artglass. The mounting includes a pale blue mount with a burnt orange accent border which is set within gold-leaf bamboo mouldings. The pale blue mount has a beautiful slightly speckled surface due to its visible fibres. Each fish has the addition to their artwork of a playful decorative orange border - originally from a 19th century pattern we sourced from an antiques dealer in Rome.
All our reprint collections are limited in number and originate directly from antiques personally sourced by Petri Prints.
- Reprint, hand framed in England using conservation materials.
- External frame size: 29cm x 23cm
- Printed on specialist 290 gsm fine art paper Hahnemühle Hemp. Hemp was an essential part of paper production for centuries and was used in the making of many long-lasting historical documents.
- Glazed with specialist Artglass for UV protection and clearer viewing - that's used by the finest galleries and museums around the world.
- Conservation acid-free barrier board to provide protection to your artwork.